Commercial Logistics Traineeship (VYP) – Eindhoven
Are you a recent university graduate with a Master’s specialization in Supply Chain Management and Logistics? Do you want to jump-start your career with an amazing traineeship that offers you the chance to develop yourself and does the idea of traveling often excite you rather than intimidate you?
Pooling Partners is Europe’s #1 integrated full-service pooler and producer of pallets and boxes. They are looking for a motivated trainee with excellent analytical and communication skills. You will be given the opportunity to go on 3 assignment, for a period of 6 months each.
* Fluent Dutch speaking is a must for this position
The Faber Halbertsma Group is a portfolio of companies that operate under the brand name ‘Pooling Partners’. Together, they are Europe’s number one integrated full-service pooler and producer of pallets and boxes. With a history dating back to 1891, this Dutch family business provides pallet and box pooling services across Europe and is also one of Europe’s largest producers of wooden pallets. It operates three pooling networks in demanding supply chains:
• The IPP Logipal pool is a leading rental provider of pallets and boxes in fast moving consumer goods and industrial supply chains across Europe. Via an extensive service center network, customers are able to rent IPP pool pallets to store and deliver their brands. By deploying its pooling expertise in recovery and refurbishment, IPP Logipal provides its customers with pool pallets whenever and wherever they need.
• PRS Return System is an efficient and reliable pooling system for users of CP-type pallets in the demanding polymer and chemical sectors across Europe and Turkey. For nearly 20 years it has contributed to sustainability by strongly growing pallet re-use and reducing packaging waste.
• The European PAKi network is the market leader in pool management of exchangeable and standard load carriers such as Euro pallets and box pallets. Customers receive pallets at the right quality where and when they need them and return them whenever and wherever; via an extensive network of more than 10,000 pooling-stations across Europe.
Pooling Partners is a long-standing and leading exponent of circular economy models, promoting recovery and continual re-use of durable standard pallets and boxes in efficient and sustainable pooling systems. Its production facilities source from sustainably managed forests and produce and repair over 20 million pallets and boxes per annum from wood that is PEFC™ or FSC® certified.
The company has an annual turnover of ca. € 330 million (2017) and employs around 800 staff.
IPP Logipal and PRS Return System together comprise a business that is headquartered in Eindhoven with offices in Coventry (UK), Angers (FR), Madrid (ES) and Ennepetal (DE). They have a combined revenue of approximately Euro 145mln pa and directly employ 170FTE. The business recently underwent some changes in leadership and has recently finished a strategic review; preparing it for the next phase of growth in what is a highly competitive market place. The company is also harmonising and improving its processes, strengthening its organization and upgrading its IT infrastructure. As part of the organisational refresh, the business is seeking to employ one or two ‘Young Professionals’ to increase tomorrow’s management “bench” strength.
• The Young Professional will enter the company in a formal ‘Traineeship’ and during the first two years rotating through 3-4 assignments in 2-3 locations of which 1 or 2 will be outside NL, most likely in the UK and/or France.
• Assignments can be both Operational and Commercial depending on company needs and candidates background and skills.
• After a successful completion of the ‘traineeship’ period, the Young Professional will offboard in a regular position in one of the group companies
The ideal candidate will:
• Be enthusiastic, energetic and positive
• Be self-starting
• Have a commercial mind-set
• Possess strong people skills and be able to relate to people at all levels.
• Be flexible and willing to work/live in Eindhoven, Coventry, Madrid, Anger or Ennepetal with some travel (English language skills are a pre-requisite, French or Spanish a plus)
• Have successfully completed a Master degree in Logistics, Econometrics, Technical study or equivalent (provided it presents clear evidence of sound analytical skills, number literacy and logistical competence)
POOLING PARTNERS OFFER
• A unique opportunity to enter a professional supply-chain business operating with demanding customers.
• A highly commercial and International environment
• Enthusiastic colleagues.
• A two-year traineeship including monthly training, coaching and a mentorship for the first 2 years
• Competitive compensation package
Laura de Ruijter +31 (10) 304 20 70