Commercial Planning Coordinator – ‘s-Gravenhage
Are you ready to lift your potential to new heights? For APM Terminals we are searching for a Commercial Planning Coordinator. Are you analytical and proactive, do you have strong stakeholder management and the ability to establish structure in commercial processes? Then this opportunity is the ideal next step for you if you are looking for a steep learning curve in a global fortune 500 company!
APM Terminals is part of the Maersk Transport and Logistics Group – a global fortune 500 company. APM Terminals develops and operates deep sea marine terminals and container related inland service companies at over 200 locations globally.
APM Terminals primary focus is on their customers. In this position you will be responsible for the provision, up keeping and pro-active alterations of commercial planning processes, tools and systems required to support the APM Terminals Commercial Team globally in retaining and expanding the 5 billion dollar revenue base of APM Terminals.
You will support the global commercial team to maximize value generation potential by providing supporting tools, processes, presentations and are responsible for adapting and providing the commercial infrastructure for the global commercial team. As an active member of the central global commercial team you will be contributing to the development, refinement and implementation of the global commercial processes, performance management and strategies for APM Terminals.
This role is critical in the continued progress that APM Terminals in making in becoming a customer centric organization which understands the value they create and share with their supply chain partners. The role is based in The Hague HQ and reports to Head of Key Client Management – Europe.
Task and responsibilities:
- Define and enforce process visibility, tools and alignment within global commercial team incl. Target Setting and Forecasting Processes
- Optimizing current processes via offshoring to our Shared Service Centre
- Strategy and Pricing process support incl. maintaining and implement operational cadence and team planning
- (KCM) Sales Support
- Implementation, defining development revisions and administration for APM Terminals’ Global Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Preparation of critical analysis and presentation material to functional and business units within APMT, for the Senior Management team and the Group
- 3+ years proven track record Experience in logistics or maritime/terminal industry
- Experience in one or more of the following functions (at least 3 years): Commercial Infrastructure (i.e. CRM function) and/or Process and Performance Management Terminal Management
- Master’s Degree preferred: Business Administration, Shipping, or related field
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- A strong personal drive for results, business excellence and service optimization
- Solid understanding of terminal cost and revenue levers
- Ability to deal with conflicting interests and cultural values
- Ability to work and collaborate cross functionally
- An open and engaging company culture with strong emphasis on values and team based leadership
- An ambitious environment setting the standard for worldwide terminal productivity: APM Terminals is awarded several times for being the ‘Port operator of the year’, for being innovative and for strong safety standards
- A truly international working environment
- Be part of an exciting and new chapter in APM Terminals’ commercial journey