Chartering Manager – Rotterdam
Our client operates and manages the world’s leading fleet of specialized dry bulk vessels, including multi purpose and heavylift vessels, semisubmersibles, car carriers, log carriers etc.
This role will be fully responsible for performing/supervising all fixtures and assist in post-fixtures activities for multi-purpose vessels / open hatch box shape / bulk vessels, owned or chartered by the Company. The Chartering Manager will keep in constant contact with charterers, brokers, ship owners and report regularly to the Directors about actual positions, freight markets, trends and analysis. He or she will introduce best practice methods and or adjust existing processes accordingly. He or she will prepare reports for the Directors.
● Maximize TCE earnings on the fleet;
● Negotiating charter parties with charterers/operators/brokers;
● Executing charter parties with charterers /operators/brokers;
● Making charter party details available to post fixtures and masters; Instruct the Master of the vessel about fixture recap (excluding the costs) and charter party proforma.
● Measuring and reporting third-party service provider performance;
● Maintaining files of all vessels chartered by the company;
● Preparation/Controlling/Managing hire statements/invoices including freight, demurrage and dispatch claims utilizing company software. Hire/voyage recoveries.
● Reporting fixture results. Voyage accounting, including comparisons against the charter party estimates, on completion of the voyage and when the voyage file is closed, including analysis of variances.
● Developing and maintain chartering operating procedures;
● Supporting the ongoing and development of a safety and excellence culture;
● Make complete voyage plan and estimates;
● Networking and engaging with key stakeholders to raise profile of the business
● Developing and contributing to key business strategy and ongoing business plan
● Work closely with Technical team to ensure that the fleet has as many tradable days as possible.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills
● Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels
● Team player who has the discipline to work along and meet pre-defined deadlines
● Ability to achieve results in a demanding and challenging environment
● Ability to work effectively under pressure
● Ability to use initiative and problem solve
● Determination to grow within the business
● University degree
● Experience in similar chartering position
● Knowledge of shipping cargoes and familiar with all related laws and regulations
● Good network with cargo interest, operators/charterers within the shipping industry
Olivier Binkhorst +31 (10) 304 20 70 / email@example.com