QA/HSE Officer – Rotterdam
To support and assist the organization on working according the QHSSE Integrated Management System. Perform document updates and ensure correct document revision are available for the organization.
Provide guidance and direction on systems of work and codes of practices on matters regarding to Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment (QHSSE) subjects.
Our client is a worldwide market leader in the operation of coastal and shallow draft workboats. The company was established in 1970 and today they own over fifty different vessels, which are used for projects of a large variety of clients. The main focus is on shallow water projects, although most of the vessels can also be used in deepsea waters. They specialize in cable burial and cable or pipeline remedial burial projects in coastal and shallow waters and is the innovator of the DP Multicats. These specialties enable them to offer the best and most effective solutions to their clients in the Dredging & Marine Construction, Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind Industry.
They started out as a family-owned business. Their focus is on long-lasting relationships with clients and long-term continuity of their services. They therefore continuously invest in the relationships with clients, the maintenance of the fleet, and training of personnel. They truly believe their employees are the key to their success; they are crucial for their reputation as a professional and reliable maritime service provider.
Our client was founded over forty years ago. Years of knowledge and experience are now used to further develop their maritime services. This is how our client is able to maintain its position as a worldwide market leader for coastal and shallow waters.
• Is responsible for all document updates of the Integrated Management System
• Actively approaches internal stakeholders (both ashore and onboard) to verify status of documents
• Advises on necessary QA and other improvements related to the Integrated Management System
• Promotes a safety & environmental culture within the organization (both ashore and onboard) and motivates the importance of complying with Company system procedures.
• Acts as document controller for the organization
• Ensures the document control application is up to date
• Facilitates, assists and monitors the effective implementation of appropriate procedures from the Management System within the appointed business unit and assigned vessels
• Performs internal audits within the appointed business unit and assigned vessels
• BHV employee of the dedicated office
• Provide support to departments of the appointed business unit on any QA related subjects (included setting up/ updating documents, internal- and for charters/projects)
• Conducts internal QHSSE audits and manages external audits at the office and on assigned vessels.
• Nautical or Science/Engineering education
• Additional professional qualifications in QHSSE (MVK/ HVK or NEBOSH) or willing to participate.
• Experienced in Shipping Industry, Oil & Gas or Renewables, off- & onshore.
• Between 1-3 years of experience in a similar position.
• Proven experience with document control.
• Experience with QHSSE Management Systems and QHSSE Auditing Techniques
• Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISM, ISPS, MLC and other relevant Standards and Codes.
• Open to travel approx. 10% of the time.
• Excellent knowledge of the Dutch language (verbally and written)
• Good organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic operational environment.
• Self-motivated and driven to succeed, with a constructive and professional attitude.
• Strong analytical, auditing and reporting skills.
• Demonstrating good language skills in English. Dutch is not required but valued.
• Team player with multi-level communication skills.
• Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
• Ambition to develop towards QHSSE Officer
A competitive package is offered.
David Mak +31 (10) 304 20 70 / 06 81049605 or email@example.com