Quality & Process Manager – Rhoon
Client is a leading European Group in Container Shipping. The Group is present in more than 150 countries and counts over 20,000 employees worldwide. With a fleet of over 480 vessels, the Group globally operates 170 shipping lines, transporting a volume over 16 million TEU annually. The Group posted revenues of more than USD 21 billion in 2017. In view of developments already in process these figures are expected soon to increase considerably. The Group is represented in The Netherlands with a well-equipped operation; currently some 280 employees in total take care of roughly 30 services from and to North Europe offering a global network to more than 160 countries in the world.
The global organisation has gone through several changes in the last few years, among other things due to mergers and acquisitions, and now wishes to consolidate this growth in its quality and processes. The Quality Process Manager (QPM) is a new position within each local organisation, the appointment of which is the result of a global programme on Quality and Process Management, where each individual country organisation will in time appoint a dedicated QPM. He/she will report directly to the Managing Director Netherlands.
· Create a culture of continuous improvement. Implement and build the required skills and toolsets in the organization.
· Ensure that the organization identifies and implements processes with its customers in order to improve the service level towards these customers
· Differentiate the organization in a positive way from the competition
· Facilitate change management
· Make sure that service quality to the customers are up to set standards.
· Ensure agency processes are in-line with the core model and functioning properly.
· Advise and support agency management & departments on changes and transformation processes.
· Assist implementation of change in the organization by making sure group processes and instructions are well followed.
· Ensure KPIs are monitored regularly and addressed. Analyze and define and follow up improvement actions with related teams.
· Identify and share improvements, best practices and tips.
· Assist Risk Owner in identifying and analyzing risks and incidents and make sure corresponding action plans are defined and implemented to mitigate them.
· Involve in Customer Survey result analysis and improvement.
· Support local action plans to increase Customer Satisfaction.
· Promote a lean approach in the agency to avoid double work and inefficiencies.
· Ensure agency staff receives required training, has all required accesses and tools and takes all mandatory e-learning courses (coordination of training together with the Business Process Manager).
· Ensure agency staff has access to Group instructions, processes and how-to guides.
· Provide feedback to BPM on issues or challenges raised within the Agency aiming at improving the productivity and quality (e.g. Gap analysis, specific improvement plan)
· Be the point of reference for the implementation of future business entities impacted by current systems.
· Coordinate user acceptance tests with related departments for new functionalities on group systems and tools.
· Ensure the relevant stakeholders are informed in the organization and at HO / RO level with regards to the local regulations impacting Group activities.
· Build awareness and train on HSE matters.
· Follow-up and implement recommendations of HO following audits.
· Serve as relay to ensure a Business Continuity Planning is defined and implemented locally.
· Take part in the two-weekly meetings with directional departments and staff departments.
· Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant subject
· Proven relevant work experience in business process management and change management
· 3-5 years of experience in (shipping) logistics is considered a substantial plus
· Knowledge of and work experience with Six Sigma or other process improvement tools
· High level of seniority in order to work as an equal partner with the Management Team
· Strong analytical skills; able to analyse figures / statistics and to design processes
· Arbitration / challenging skills
· Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
· High degree of autonomy
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Able to handle several projects simultaneously
· Strong organization and planning skills
· Fluent in English
An attractive remuneration package is offered.
M +31 6 11 88 05 07
T +31 10 304 20 70