Technical Document Controller – ALP Maritime Services – Rotterdam
We are looking for a Document Controller to prepare, manage and file documents for the fleet department with our client ALP Maritime Services BV.
ALP is the specialist in the field of Ocean Towing, Offshore Positioning and Mooring of Floating Platforms, Heavy Transport and Salvage operations. The company was founded beginning 2010 and operates today a fleet of 10 modern ocean-going tugs ranging from 192 to 309ts Bollard Pull Ton. In 2014, ALP became a 100% subsidiary company of Teekay Offshore Partners LP, working independently from their headquarters in Rotterdam. ALP’s office is located in the reputed Maastoren, direct in the beating heart of the city and with a great view over the city and river Maas.
ALP’s team with decades of hands-on experience in the most complex and largest towing, transport and installation projects, is ready to serve ALP’s worldwide clients with the finest equipment that the maritime towing and transport industry has to offer
Purpose of the role
The Technical Document Controller maintains, manages and develops all technical documents for the management system, reports and brochures and assures that it is easily accessible and stored. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience reviewing technical documents along with the ability to spot errors. Ultimately, you’ll support their procedures maintaining transparent, up-to-date and easily traceable documents.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including project documents,
- drawings, and risk assessment related correspondence;
- Generate the various document control reports as required;
- Assures that the controlled database (DMS) contains up to date documents and forms available to
- the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable;
- Maintain updated records of all approved documents and forms and their distribution clearly;
- Maintain the files and control logs as required;
- Maintain the departments digital and hard copied arching and filing system asuring all files and
- folders are up to date;
Place in the organisation
The Technical Document Controller is part of the Fleet department and reports to the Fleetmanager.
As a person you determined, accurate and stress resistant. You have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently. You do not quickly put off and you like to challenge yourself. Given the international character, English will be the language of instruction, but that is of course no problem for you! You are able to participate willingly and confidently with others and in compliance with corporate values and culture. Working in a maritime environment makes your heart beat faster and you have a genuine interest in constantly improving and maintaining quality in the field of (project)documentation.
- Secondary Vocational (MBO) degree;
- At least 1-2 years relevant work experience in office work, documentation and control;
- Good knowledge of English & Dutch verbally and written;
- Technical and/or shipping affinity;
- Knowledge in use of spreadsheets, database, word processing (Windows Office) and selected job specific software;
- Preferably knowledge of “Share Point” and PowerPoint;
- Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports;
- Ability to use computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information;
- Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing system and management techniques;
- Ability to apply a systematic and logical approach in order to get things right;
- Good communication skills.
ALP Maritime Services BV offers a competitive compensation and benefits including an attractive pension scheme.