European Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist – Gorinchem or Vlissingen
Chiquita is a leading global company with 20,000 employees across 30 countries. They are passionate about their nutritious, high-quality, energy-rich and value-added bananas. Chiquita’s products are sold in nearly 70 countries around the world. Chiquita Brands International grows, procures, markets and sells bananas and other fresh fruits under the Chiquita brand and other names.
For Chiquita Brands International, Venturn exclusively searches for an ambitious:
European Customs & Trade Compliance Specialist
You will have direct responsibility and will be the main point of contact for the all functions related to EU Customs & Trade Compliance in the Europe.
• Manage the timely filing of customs declarations in the EU
• Maintenance of EU policies/procedures products in accordance with EU laws and regulations
• Development, implementation and maintenance of European Policies, Procedures and Controls to ensure compliance with European import laws and regulations and with the applicable FTAs
• Provide advice to internal stakeholders on Customs matters
• Manage maintenance of all required supporting documentation
• Manage EU Customs & Trade compliance audits
• Manage and assure compliance with origin, organic & other documentation requirements
• Improve Customs setup in the Corporate Systems & new ERP
• Put new processes in place to simplify Customs procedures
• Support finance organization with customs provisions and reconciliations
Education / Experience
• Bachelor degree in Law/Economics or similar
• 4-7 years of Customs compliance experience
• Experience working for a multinational or consulting firm
• Able to work independently
• High level of initiative
• Proficient user knowledge of excel
• Experience and knowledge with Customs compliance software
• Solutions driven allied to an excellent work ethic
• Capability to work in a demanding environment and with deadlines
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication.
Language skills: English is a must, any other EU language will be considered a plus
A challenging and dynamic role in an international environment, with great potential for future growth and personal development.