Global Supply Chain Solutions Manager – Den Hartogh – Rotterdam
About Den Hartogh Logistics
Den Hartogh is one of the worlds leading Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) when it comes to the safe and reliable transport of bulk liquids and gasses for the Chemical Industry. We are a family-owned company that was established in 1920 in the Netherlands. Our smart logistics solutions are formed through chemistry – by working and collaborating with our customers, resulting in the right fit for every type of transport. Den Hartogh has a presence in every region of the world, with premises at 24 countries with 43 offices. Our workforce consists of more than 1,700 people and our modern equipment includes more than 19.000 tank containers, 7.000 dry bulk containers, 400 tank trailers and more than 500 trucks.
About MOL Chemical Tankers
MOL Chemical Tankers Pte. Ltd. is one of the global leaders in ocean transport of bulk liquid organic and inorganic chemicals as well as vegetable oil. MOLCT currently operates a fleet of approximately 80 stainless steel vessels with an aggregated tonnage of 1.6 million DWT. MOLCT HQ is in Singapore and MOLCT group has its offices in UK (London), Denmark (Copenhagen), USA (Houston, Stamford), UAE (Dubai) and Japan (Tokyo). It is 100% owned by Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, which operates vast range of services worldwide, such as tankers, dry bulkers and LNG carriers.
About the Team
We are creating a multi-modal team working close with the globally active commercial team members from MOLCT and Den Hartogh Logistics. The main objective is to design and offer the best supply chain solutions. The role will report into the Commercial Director Europe.
About the Role
The Global Supply Chain Solutions Manager is the key responsible in designing and delivering new supply chain solutions by combining the competences and assets of MOL CT and Den Hartogh Logistics. In this role, the Global Supply Chain Solutions Manager strongly contributes to winning opportunities for “end-to-end” Supply Chain services in the global chemical industry. We have high ambitions in capturing opportunities by the team as a whole. The main responsibilities are:
- Identify, create and deliver new business opportunities within the supply chain chemicals by use of tankers, tank storage, tankcontainers and road barrels to leverage customer needs
- Participate in customers’ feasibility studies to optimize their current supply chain
- Translate customer supply chain logistics needs into effective supply chain executions
- Support the commercial managers in the sales process towards our customers with strong design and strong argumentation. Gain customer management commitment and support for proposed ideas and handle objections through solid reasoning
- Partner with specialists within MOL CT, Den Hartogh Logistics and bulk liquid storage terminals
- Prepare the implementation of new supply chain solutions
- Master degree in Supply Chain Management or related studies.
- An all-round supply chain expert (8+ years) within a professional and dynamic environment
- Experience in the downstream chemical industry at a manufacturer
- Proven track record of designing and implementing novel supply chain solutions
- Experience in shipping or logistics has a preference
What we offer
We offer an interesting and independent position with a high degree of responsibility in an international and dynamic environment. The role offers opportunities for personal development and we offer competitive employment conditions. The position will be located in Rotterdam.
Niels Romme +31 (10) 304 20 70