Junior Document Controller QHSSE – Rotterdam
Are you looking for a job to boost your career in the field of QHSSE and are you passionate about the maritime industry? Then I might be looking for you!
ALP is the specialist in the field of Ocean Towing, Offshore Positioning and Mooring of Floating Platforms, Heavy Transport and Salvage operations. The company was founded beginning 2010 and operates today a fleet of 10 modern ocean-going tugs ranging from 192 to 309 Bollard Pull Ton
In 2014, ALP became a 100% subsidiary company of Teekay, working independently from their headquarters in Rotterdam. ALP’s office is located in the reputed Maastoren, direct in the beating heart of city and with a great view over the city and river Maas.
ALP’s team with decades of hands-on experience in the most complex and largest towing, transport and installation projects, is ready to serve ALP’s worldwide clients with the finest equipment that the maritime towing and transport industry has to offer.
The Junior Document Controller maintains, manages and develops all QHSSE documents for the management system (SMS) and assures that it is easily accessible and stored. He or she also maintains and examines related files to event reporting and is maintaining Management Of Change (MOC) files.
The Junior Document Controller is part of the QHSSE team and reports to the QHSSE Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
– Coordinate all activities related to the Document Control procedure, including project documents, drawings, and risk assessment related correspondence.
– Will be involved in the development of new “SMS” documentation.
– Input incident and (OVID/CMID) inspection data into the standard registers/data bases ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date.
– Generate the various document control reports as required.
– Development and control MOC documents, and follow up same
– Assures that the controlled database (DMS)contains up to date documents and forms available to the appropriate staff, subcontractors and suppliers as applicable
– Maintain updated records of all approved documents and forms and their distribution clearly
– Maintain the documents and forms in the QHSSE Department under safe custody without any damage or deterioration with easy traceability.
– Maintain the files and control logs as required.
– Will perform internal audits as and when required.
As a person you are eager to learn, accurate and stress resistant. You have strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently. You do not quickly put off and you like to challenge yourself. Given the international character, English will be the language of instruction, but that is of course no problem for you! You are able to participate willingly and confidently with others and in compliance with corporate values and culture. Working in a maritime environment makes your heart beat faster and you have a genuine interest in constantly improving and maintaining quality in the field of QHSSE.
Educational and Training Requirements:
– Relevant study in the field of QHSSE (for example; Secondary Safety Expert (MVK) or Higher Safety Expert (HVK)
– At least 1 year relevant work experience in office work, documentation and control
– Good knowledge of Dutch and English verbally and written
– Knowledge of ISO 9001/14001/18001 standards and related systems
– Technical and/or shipping affinity
– HSE affinity
Skills and Competency Requirements:
– Knowledge in use of spreadsheets, database, word processing (Windows Office) and selected job specific software.
– Preferably knowledge of “Share Point” and Powerpoint.
– Ability to keep clear and accurate records and reports.
– Ability to use computer and rapidly input data and retrieve records and information.
– Ability to organize work load and to manage a filing system and management techniques .
– Abillity to apply a systematic and logical approach in order to get things right.
– Good communication skills.
ALP Maritime Services BV offers a competitive compensation and benefits including an attractive pension scheme.
Laura de Ruijter +31 (10) 304 20 70