Junior Vessel Manager – Rotterdam
Are you passionate about the martime industry? Do you have a background in technical engineering and does it energize you to put this into practice, managing technically complex vessels? Or have you already been on deck and do you wish to make a next step ashore? Then you might be the Junior Vessel Manager that we’re looking for!
The Vessel Manager Junior is a training position within ALP with the aim to become a well-qualified Vessel Manager who is responsible and accountable for the full management of nominated vessels within the fleet.
ALP is the specialist in the field of Ocean Towing, Offshore Positioning and Mooring of Floating Platforms, Heavy Transport and Salvage operations. The company was founded beginning 2010 and operates today a fleet of 10 modern ocean-going tugs ranging from 192 to 309 Bollard Pull Ton
In 2014, ALP became a 100% subsidiary company of Teekay, working independently from their headquarters in Rotterdam. ALP’s office is located in the reputed Maastoren, direct in the beating heart of city and with a great view over the city and river Maas.
ALP’s team with decades of hands-on experience in the most complex and largest towing, transport and installation projects, is ready to serve ALP’s worldwide clients with the finest equipment that the maritime towing and transport industry has to offer.
- Participate through job shadowing and follow up of assigned vessels operational requirements, including:
- Dry-dock and major repairs and reporting
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance repairs, including plans and out of service documentation prepared pre work commencement.
- Define and detail scope of work to be carried out by riding crew, expectations and deadlines. Ensure cost effectiveness and performance management of these services.
- Operating expenditure.
- Survey and audit requirements (Internal & External)
- Responsible for developing accurate financial information and controls including providing budget and forecast input to the Fleet Manager. Strategies in place for maintaining appropriate certification.
- Support effective communications to vessels informing them of corporate initiatives, customer requirements, policies and priorities.
- Higher vocational (bachelor or master degree) qualification in engineering or equivalent or several years of seafaring experience.
- A desire to drive continuous improvement in self and others.
- Analytical, problem solving, project management and time management skills.
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of technical systems onboard vessels is a pre.
- Ability to travel for weeks at a time on short notice.
- Dutch language is a must for this role!
ALP Maritime Services BV offers a competitive compensation and benefits including an attractive pension scheme.
Laura de Ruijter +31 (0) 6 82 46 89 55 / David Mak +31 (0) 6 81 04 96 05