Managing Director Commerce – Eemshaven / Delfzijl
Creating logistics opportunities for the multi-purpose terminal with emphases on today and tomorrow. Developing growth and sustainability strategies for the next decade.
In the Dutch port of Eemshaven, Orange Blue Terminals BV operates “Orange Blue Terminal” (OBT) in the Juliahaven. The multi-purpose terminal covers approx. 25 ha with 697 m quays including heavy-load capabilities and access to a RoRo ramp. OBT has an established track-record for handling offshore wind energy installation projects and other project cargo as well as servicing the bulk and RoRo market segments.
Looking forward, OBT needs to further unlock the potential from its unique location with unhindered North Sea access, and hinterland connections through inland waterways, near-dock rail and the road network.
Responsible, together with the Managing Director Operations, for managing and leading the Eemshaven activity in a way that maximizes value creation for customers, shareholders and stakeholders.
You will lead and optimize the team; manage and drive business development as well as immediate sales. You will work closely with your network within the value chain related to the offshore wind energy sector; and you will continuously refine the financial management.
You will also develop, propose and implement the strategy for OBT’s future, which might well include quantum leap developments.
- Must have a strong understanding of the industry and what drive results. Likely learned directly in the ports and terminals industry, from shipping, or martime logistics.
- Have an established network in offshore energy industry
- Preferably experience in working with (port) authorities
- Proven track-record in dealing and negotiating with c-level clients
- English and Dutch fluently, German is a plus