Ocean manager LCL – Hoofddorp
Do you have an international mindset and do you exhibit a great cross-cultural sensitivity? Are you passionate about the maritime industry and do you have experience in managing/developing Ocean LCL products? Then I might be looking for you!
Yusen Logistics is a global logistics service provider with air freight, ocean freight, international road transport, storage, warehousing and supply chain management in its service package. The head office is located in Tokyo, Japan. Regional head offices are located in Europe, East Asia, South Asia / Oceania and the Americas. Within Europe, Yusen Logistics is active in almost all countries with a total of around 75 logistics centers, more than 700,000 m² of warehouse space and approximately 1,500 units of rolling stock.
In the Benelux, Yusen Logistics has branches in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg as well as in France and Sweden.
At these sites, a total package of logistics services is offered to clients from various market sectors, with specialization in Technology, Healthcare, Automotive, Retail and Aerospace.
In addition to the worldwide Air and Ocean freight forwarding, road transport and warehousing, Yusen Logistics Benelux offers you complete customs and document handling and an extensive range of technical possibilities and value added services.
Purpose of the role
Yusen Logistics is upgrading its ocean products, developing LCL products across the world to meet and exceed its customers’ expectation with various ocean products. To lead this for the Europe region, we are looking for an ambitious ‘medior’ professional, in the role of Manager Ocean LCL. The manager Ocean LCL will take a leading role in developing LCL products in Europe, working closely with the global head quarter and our Yusen Logistics network across the world.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Act as a European leader and a core member of the global LCL development & management organization, head quartered in Singapore;
- Responsible for designing, developing, managing and operating our European LCL product and the import and export, in line with global policy and direction, working closely with European operating companies of Yusen and its agents;
- Responsible for promoting our LCL product across Europe, working closely with European operating companies of Yusen and its agents, including direct sales support and creating promotional materials;
- Responsible for setting and achieving European LCL budget;
- Requires intra-European travels and long-haul flights to Asia/Americas, occasionally;
- Reports to the Head of Ocean Freight, based at our European Head Quarter
- Approximately 5 years of experience in managing/developing Ocean LCL product;
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Framework thinker;
- Strategic thinker;
- Self-starting personality, able to work independently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Team leader mentality;
- Ability to work in complex organizations with multiple stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent in English
Yusen offers a competitive compensation and benefits.