Project Engineer – Amsterdam area
Given the challenges that lie within this industry and the need for offshore engineering capabilities in this fast expanding project organisation your focus is with Ardent’s well established Project- Decommissioning segment. In combination with their salvage background Ardent will offer our future clients safe and cost-efficient solutions for their decommissiong programs.
To guarantee the best safe and cost-efficient solutions, we are looking for experienced Project Engineers with commercial affinity. Do you find yourself to be a real technical-sales engineer? If you enjoy working in an informal and non-hierarchical organisation read further and get enthousiastic by this great opportunity!
Ardent is a specialist in Emergency Preparedness & Response, Wreck Removal and Offshore Decommissioning. They raised the cruise liner “Costa Concordia” off Italy, extinguished the Caribbean Fantasy fire in Puerto Rico, and more recently removed the jack-up, “Troll Solution” from the Gulf of Mexico. As a services company with a strong network, delivering safe, economical and innovative solutions to their customers in the offshore and shipping sectors, Ardent aims to be the trusted partner in challenging circumstances.
You will be part of the Technical Sales/ Engineering department of Ardent. This department provides general engineering support and solutions for Salvage, Wreck Removal and Decommissioning projects. In this role your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Technical knowledge of offshore operations/ decommissioning / wreck removal
- Engineering of offshore demolition processes with innovative methods and in combination with traditional decommissioning methods; to further develop decommissioning solutions together with other engineers and designers.
- Basic Structural engineering of the to be decommissioned offshore structures (Platforms, F(P)SO’s, SPM, subsea, subsea infrastructure)
- Project planning
- Cost estimating
- Performing decommissioning studies
- Client’s engineering interface
Competencies and training
- Familiar working with (structural/offshore) engineering software (e.g. Ansys, Matlab)
- Familiar with 3D software (e.g. Autocad, Solidedge)
- Expert MS Office user
- Fluency in Dutch, English and preferably other languages
- Assertive and outgoing personality
- Knowledgable, but practical mindset
- Creative and informal
- Organisational sensitive
Education and experience
- Technical Bachelor or Master’s Degree. Offshore (Construction/Mechanical) engineering, or similar
- 3 – 7 years experience with offshore contracting company/offshore platform yard/offshore engineering firm
- Decommissioning experience preferred
- Salary €55.000 – €70.000 depending on experience and knowledge. Also 13th month and 8% holiday pay
- Bonus up to 20% of annual gross salary (depends on KPI’s and performance of the organisation)
- First contract is indefinite
- 30 vacation days annually
- 5% paid pension premium
- Good possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Free (very tasty) lunch every day!
David Mak 06 81 04 96 05
David Mak 06 81 04 96 05