Sales Manager – Schiedam
For our client Jumbo Shipping we are looking for a Sales Manager. As Sales Manager within Jumbo you will be responsible for developing a designated geographical area in the world. Within this area it will be your task to maintain excellent relations with our existing customer network but you also actively identify future business opportunities and therewith expand Jumbo’s network / market share in the maritime heavy lift industry.
Are you looking for a varied and challenging job with an international company and do you dare to take the next step? Lift us up and apply for this vacancy!
Jumbo has built a worldwide reputation of engineered solutions for the full range of Heavy Lift Transport. Founded in 1968, Jumbo is an independent company with a long-term vision for success. That success is driven by client-satisfaction, long-term strategies and the notion that, in this highly specialized and complex field, trust and reliability is key. That is why Jumbo invests heavily in the continuous development of both office staff and fleet.
Visit www.jumbomaritime.nl and learn more about the organization, clients and capabilities.
Jumbo is a family owned company, with the Head Office located in Schiedam, with committed people with a ‘hands-on mentality’. This is reflected in the way they work together and how they think along with their clients and partners looking for the best solution. Jumbo is and strives to be a responsible partner focused on the health and safety of all its stakeholders; they have developed their own Stay Well program to secure their leading position.
You will hunt for project or break bulk cargoes. After acquiring the sales lead you will be actively involved in liaising with several departments to establish feasibility and to obtain budgets to base your indication / firm offer on. You will negotiate freight rates and contract details. After successful conclusion of the negotiations you will be responsible for a smooth handover of the contracted scope of work to the operations department.
Challenges in this job: constantly changing industrial landscape / technically more complex cargo, no fixed sailing / trading routes (tramping), no standard rates and a highly competitive niche market.
You will form an integral part of a dedicated chartering team which consist of sales managers within Jumbo’s headquarters, foreign Jumbo offices and an international agency network.
- Proactively canvas and solicit special cargo for Jumbo’s heavy lift vessels;
- Handle day to day freight inquiries and liaise with operations department for operational/technical input as the need arises;
- Responsible for negotiating freight rates and contract details, tariffs and conditions and present firm offers to clients;
- Manage the client relationships in a geographical area in close coordination with an international agency network;
- Stay in regular contact with customers, foreign Jumbo offices and commercial agents of the assigned regions;
- Visit clients, alone or together with a local jumbo representative;
- Liaise with operation, engineering, QHSE and communications/marketing departments to safeguard smooth execution of the contracted works;
- Stay fully updated on market and competitors’ activities, trends, fixtures and contracted heavy lift cargo in the assigned area and inform your team accordingly.
Education and knowledge
- Bachelors degree in technical education.
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial role (i.e. shipbroker, chartering manager, forwarder, traffic manager);
- A proven track record of securing sales and business opportunities;
- Knowledge of the break bulk / project shipping industry / tramping;
- Sound knowledge of generally accepted BIMCO shipping contracts;
- Sound knowledge of the contractual environment for industrial projects;
- Access to a relevant business network
- Commercial drive
- Great listening and communication skills in English;
- Pleasure in traveling (approx. 10-12 short business trips per year).
- A strong personality but flexible enough to be a team player;
- Initiative and a creative mind;
- Analytical strong, results orientation, drive to win;
- Able to liaise at all levels of an organization both internally and externally;
- Negotiation skills
Jumbo offers a challenging and interesting position in a dynamic, international organization that has a clear vision for innovation and growth. Jumbo stimulates a healthy life style both in and out of the office, by supporting and sponsoring Jumbo’s sport teams and activities. Besides our competitive salaries Jumbo offers excellent fringe benefits like:
- The opportunity to work from home.
- A solid pension package.
- 26 paid leave days a year and an unlimited amount of unpaid leave.
The headquarters of Jumbo is based in Schiedam. Within Jumbo there is an informal working environment and every Friday you are welcome to join the Friday afternoon drinks in the company restaurant.
Interested? Please use the apply button.