SHEQ Manager Global & Gas – Den Hartogh Logistics – Rotterdam area
Operational Excellence and SMART Logistics: as Business Unit SHEQ Manager you have a major impact on these core elements within Den Hartogh, with our external supply chains, with suppliers and our customer base. You will work within the Business Units and the SHEQ Team to deliver SHEQ excellence across the Group.
Do you have what it takes to challenge the organisation as well as yourself?
Den Hartogh Logistics is a privately owned Logistics Service Provider for the (petro) chemical and liquid gas industry. Standing out in the global market with high quality service and an excellent relationship with its key suppliers.
All of Den Hartogh’s activities are aimed at providing creative logistic solutions for their clients. The close contact with their clients allows Den Hartogh to achieve substantial additional value within the logistics process. This additional value is achieved by a combination of the following: optimisation of resources, reduction of costs, operational excellence of the logistics chain and increase in safety, health and environment.
Den Hartogh has integrated the Logistic Services in four Business Units: Liquid Logistics, Global Logistics, Gas Logistics and Tank Cleaning.
Den Hartogh operates a global network with over 1500 employees in 30+ worldwide offices and is supported by dedicated employees, an advanced IT System and equipment that exceeds expectations. This network provides local support on a global scale.
Your challenges: Making sure that the SHEQ department runs smoothly, together with your colleagues. Below is how this should be managed.
- Is responsible for the implementation and execution of the Group SHEQ strategy and policy at the Business Unit.
- Is specifically responsible for the initiation and implementation of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policy in the Business Units Global and Gas within the framework of the Group SHEQ policy and the demands of the Business Unit OPS.
- Whilst direct SHEQ support for the Business Units Global and Gas, they are a member of the Group SHEQ Team. The role will support the other SHEQ Managers as required and ensure Business Unit procedures are aligned across the Group.
- Is responsible for the company safety policy and updates the company emergency plan, within the Gas & Global Business Units.
- Is the direct support for and advises the Management of the Business Units Global and Gas on implementation in relation to SHEQ issues, projects, programmes and changing SHEQ legislation.
- Working with the Business Units Management Teams, ensure SHEQ is captured within their OPS. Create a programme to ensure the SHEQ objectives are set and carried out in line with the OPS.
- Is responsible for the establishment and execution of audits in the field of SHEQ at the Business Unit level. Including support of external verification audits.
- Is responsible for the updating of and application for environmental permits or introduction of legislation.
- Submits the monthly SHEQ report for Business Units Global and Gas. Analysing the data and reporting SHEQ performance within the Business Units and to the SHEQ Director.
- As required or directed led the Investigation, Analysis and Reporting of high level SHEQ incidents in line with the Group Systems. Support other managers within the Business Units in the investigation of incidents as required.
- Working with other department heads, set up SHEQ procedures, guidelines and work instructions for the Den Hartogh Business Unit Global Manual and for the Den Hartogh Business Unit Gas Manual E.g. quality manual.
- Ensures compliance with current SHEQ rules, guidelines and procedures in the Business Units Global and Gas.
- Provide advice and guidance when called upon within the organisation at all levels for SHEQ matters being seen as the key point of contact for Business units Gas & Global.
- Is authorised to take action in relation to the preventive stoppage or ending of work that forms a danger to personal safety, health, the environment or organisation.
- Is authorised to initiate, write and approve SHEQ procedures for the Business Units Global and Gas.
- Provides requested and unrequested advice in relation to SHEQ issues to the management of the Business Units Global and Gas.
- Is Safety Advisor in the field of ADR for the Business Units Global and Gas.
- Is authorised to draw up and update the Safety Plan for the Business Units Global and Gas.
- Educated at least at the Higher Vocational Level in Chemistry/Safety studies.
- Knowledge of laws and legislation in relation to the chemicals industry including ADR and IMDG regulations.
- Have several years of experience in communicating SHEQ activity and behaviours, and demonstrate a passion for SHEQ.
- Have experience in the field of communicating with governments and competent authorities.
- Excellent and accurate verbal and written communication skills, in English
A market conform renumeration is offered, but will depend on experience and level.
David Mak via +31 6 81 04 96 05 or email@example.com
David Mak via +31 6 81 04 96 05 or firstname.lastname@example.org