Tender Engineer – Rotterdam
For this position we are looking for Naval Architects/Marine Engineers with approximately 2 – 4 years experience.The Tender Engineer is responsible for a timely preparation of technical tenders in compliance with client’s invitation to tender (ITT) and in line with Acta Marine’s strategy. The tender engineer will make sure the tenders contain a method statement that is safe, feasible, competitive and cost effective.
Acta Marine is owner and operator of over forty different coastal and offshore support vessels. We support clients in the construction and dredging industry, the Offshore Oil & Gas and increasingly in the Offshore renewables and aquaculture markets. Their vessels operate primarily in Europe, The Middle East, the Caspian Sea and Africa.
Acta Marine has extensive experience operating in coastal and shallow waters with a large fleet of DP multicats, tugs and support vessels, and is expanding its activities in Offshore Wind Farm construction and operational support with DP2 Walk to Work and Crew Transfer Vessels. Based on their solid track record and various maritime experience, they are committed to offer their clients the best and most effective solutions.
- Prepare computation and compilation of project financial quotations and technical content of project quotations.
- Prepare intitial design, method statements and engineering in accordance with tender specifications and requirements and company procedures.
- Support the General Manager Commerce Offshore, with all aspects of the tender process, making sure to meet the set deadlines.
- Perform technical evaluation / review of tender documents, identify problems areas and deviations and ensure all matter are discussed.
- Coordinate and manage the different departments and third parties for their contractual, legal, commercial, financial, taxation, insurance implications/obligations and risks assessed at tender stage prior to submission.
- Liaise with third parties if additional scope or services are needed to comply with the ITT.
- Obtain technical and commercial (price) information from potential subcontractors/service providers as required for preparation of the proposal and for the purpose of cost estimation.
- Arrange and write internal documentation for stage gate purposes (tender board) such as risk matrices, cost estimate overviews etc.
- Participate in internal technical and commercial meetings related to the proposal, client bid clarifications, kick-off meeting for handover to project management.
- Support the General manager Commerce in gathering and providing business intelligence and analysis regarding new and existing vessels, offshore wind and oil & gas projects that qualify and are of interest to Acta Marine Offshore.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering (i.e. Mechanical or Naval Architecture).
- A minimum of 2 years working experience, preferably in a similar role or experience in the preparation and execution of offshore projects
- Good knowledge of the rules and regulations applicable to offshore transportation and installation works.
- Experience in engineering, design and AutoCAD.
- Strong knowledge of offshore safety practices is essential.
- Good interpersonal skills, with initiative, prepared to make a difference and interact with diverse counterparts both internally and externally.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken in Dutch and English. German language skills are an asset.
- Attention to details and highly organized.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Pragmatic and customer oriented.
- A challenging and dynamic position in the maritime industry.
- A position at a financially sound family owned business with a long term outlook.
- An international working environment.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitve compensation package.
Laura de Ruijter – 06-82468955
David Mak – 06-81049605